Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
A knight in the fight for justice, freedom, & liberty for all.
Read Dr. King's 'I have a Dream' speech
- A right delayed is a right denied.
- Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
- Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.
- He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
- Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
- I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.
- Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- The time is always right to do what is right.
- Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'
What is YOUR Dream?
Click here to post this on your own page or weblog
- I Have My Dream -
A dream for all Americans, a dream for all People -
A dream of an America, of a world without anger towards each other for being unable to change who we are;
The way God made us - born man, woman, black, white, latino, asian, middle-eastern, homosexual, transexual, heterosexual -
I have a dream of a race of humanity living in peace and understanding towards each other;
Recognizing that all people deserve freedom, liberty, justice, and the right to live their lives in peace and happiness without
fear of retaliation from their fellowman.
I have a dream where a family constitutes a group of people who love and care for each other -
It does not matter of their race, of their sex, or of their sexuality -
But the love that shines from within towards each other and towards all.
That is what makes a family.
That is what makes a better people.
We have duty, as humans, to recognize our faults & fears -
And then to overcome those fears with brave patience,
To overcome our faults by fighting to make ourselves as individuals and as a whole a greater people,
And never passing judgment on those who fall along the way -
But instead giving them an open hand filled with love to help them rise.
That is my dream.
What is yours?